Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update : Changes for good ....

Assalammualaikum. 

Time flies at a speed of light isn't it?  As far as I can remember, I started my Atkins Diet right after Aidilfitri 2010 in Sept 2010. Can't remember the exact date! So far I've lost 9 kg. It may not be that obvious to some people who're always with me, but I can feel the difference. It is not easy starting this diet regime, but I am pretty tough, I guess, as I manage to escape the 'guilty pleasure' box! Looking at other people enjoying their meal is not a problem to me, as I don't feel tempted at all. Probably my determination towards realizing this long term goal is as high as the Everest. Those days, when its CNY, one meal that I sought after was McD Prosperity Burger & Twister Fries, dying to have that then. But now, even I wonder why I craved for that dish that much! Now, I am like a filled box, no matter what you do  trying to fill it up, it won't work, because I am through and so prepared to battle with the temptations war. Sounds scary, isn't it? But that's the fact that I had to encounter. It is an extreme challenge to me, personally. 

Being fat has never been a factor that would pinned me down. Those days, even though I am a plus size lady, I am proud of myself, as I have what it takes to make people look at me and not my figure. The confidence makes people look beyond my skin. As what people said, beauty is skin deep. 
Why I chose to slim down and keep an eye on my diet now? 
To stay healthy. Since my mom is diabetic, there's a very high probability that me or my other siblings could get that hereditary illness. I am so afraid so that. I would never want to spend my life, having to take medicine every single day just to stay alive and kicking. 

I love the fact that I am so persistent over this diet. I even love the fact that every weekend or my day off from work, I would go to the park for brisk walking and jogging. I would rather sleep and watch TV those days than having such activities! I am so thankful that finally I decided to live healthily. 


 Sept 2010 : Office's Aidilfitri Open House.


 Sept 2010 : Aidilfitri 2010 .


Dec 2010 : Liya's Reception. (Post Atkins Diet - 3 months)


 Jan 2011 : At Hospital Ampang. 

Shinosuke : Thanks for the inspirations. :) Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment